Friday, July 23, 2010

expletives

Worldcraft was working just fine. And then it wasn't. Just like that.

A compile a map two seconds later and none of the geometry is lighting up properly. And I can't FUCKING fix it! Literally NOTHING has changed from one compile to the next. The piece of shit throws no errors. All I know is that I can't produce a map with working lights, and it has singlehandedly killed my damn game.

Once again, you'd think a program this stupid old would be documented like a motherfucker, but it isn't. All the googling in the world can't find me an answer. I'm going to try and enlist the help of some current Quake modders and see if they can't set me straight. Maybe there is a better program out there than this piece of shit old version of Worldcraft.

But until then, the game can never get released.

I am unbelievably pissed off right now. I put the mapping off to the end because I hate it and suck so bad at it anyway. But now to have mapping be the thing that I am forced to pay so much attention to and grind all my development to a halt... Infuriating.

No comments:

Post a Comment