Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Game Update: Verily

No really, the game is called Verily. Verily is a totally bare bones Ultima IV-ish rpg I made as a term project last semester. To make it I used SDL (to hell with Allegro), and it turned out okay.


Verily features:

  • Easy map editing.
  • Shops for buying upgrades.
  • Monsters to fight.
  • A boss monster.
  • A goal to grab.
  • Player animations.


... And that is about it. Verily doesn't feature:

  • Inventory.

  • Text of any kind - No story.

  • Any sort of HUD.

  • Sounds.

  • AI.

Now, most of these I don't care about. The project wasn't for a game dev class, and what I did finish was more than enough to get me my grade. That said, before I release this beast to the eager grubby mits of the general public (all none of you), I want to add a little something to make this a might-bit more playable. Namely, I want to get a functioning HUD in there. I estimate this will take me a week or so, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment