Monday, September 21, 2009

Our Boy Jack Update

Okay, so I had originally planned on having the level editor finished by now...


Yeah, that didn't happen. The level editor turned out to be a lot more involved than I had originally thought, and now, after having scrapped the thing and started again from the ground up, I am in position to be finished with it by the week's end. Over the weekend my bro took a look at the project and gave me a load of good input, so I am finally on the right track towards victory. Unfortunately, this means no in-game screenshots, but that doesn't mean no screenshots at all.


During all of my time spent not doing the level editor last week I managed to get in some spriting. Behold the protagonist, Jack:
He will run, he will jump, he will slice and dice... But at the moment all he can actually do is idle. Jack is a bmp, but his source is a fully layered png image for ease of editing. I'm rather pleased with myself.

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment